Farewell 2021, you were beautiful!
In 2021 I feel I achieved more than I sought out to do. Recap of my 2021 goals:
My 2021 Theme: Love. Learn to love and accept myself where I am. I feel my affirmations and surrounding myself with nature and also the right people helped me achieve Love this year.
- Working on moving more with getting at least 8,000 steps in each day. This goal I improved from 2020 where I averaged in the 6k range ending 2021 in the 7k range.
- Intuitive eating to maintain weight vs macro tracking I fell short here and have started tracking again and working towards mindful eating practices
Mental, which I actually mean Mindset:
- Read 8 books. I did read 8 books, just not all the ones pictured in previous post as I did receive some gifts that I read right away.
- Daily affirmations- write it in my journal and/or post on social media. This probably was the coolest thing to reflect upon . My number 1 affirmation was about being grateful/thankful/blessed and overall that is how I feel about 2021. See image below of my affirmations and daily prayers for the past year.
- Daily devotional I listened to different devotionals online daily as I began my prayer time
- More time in nature and taking quiet moments So many trips in nature! My favorite purchase of the year was my hiking boots.
- Take a road trip with my sister My sis and I did a road trip to Wisconsin Dells and had the best time.
I have always known that nature is my happy place, but this year I truly felt overjoyed and beyond grateful to experience the beauty God created. I believe you can see the joy on my face in the images above!
In experiencing the joy and beauty I couldn’t help but think how incredible it is that God thought the world needed one of me. So in those times of struggling with loving myself and seeing the beauty of me I lean on that thought. The same God that created the beautiful mountains and streams in his image created beauty in me.
What was your take away from 2021?