Are you considering hosting either a brunch or BBQ for the 4ht of July? Are you looking for a healthier menu? If you are, I have you covered!
I love brunch and luckily there are so many ways to lighten up your menu!
- Sausage and Egg Muffin– 12 servings (1 muffin/ serving)
- 1 Cup, Shredded Potato
- 3 egg, Egg Whites
- 3 large, Egg
- 0.25 cup, 2% Milk
- 0.25 cup, Shredded Mexican Cheese
- 3.00 links, Johnsonville Turkey Sausage
- 0.50 oz, Red Bell Pepper
- 0.25 cup, Mushrooms
- Bake the shredded potato in a muffin pan at 425 Degrees for 15 mins or till crisp edge, the add all the veggies and diced sausage on top. Then add the mix of eggs, egg whites, milk, cheese, salt and pepper to taste. I also added some fresh basil. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 mins of until egg is done.
- Macros: 76 cal/ 3g F/ 4g C/ 5g P
- Chicken and Protein Waffles (birch benders protein pancake mix, per instructions on package) – For a quick cheat on the chicken I purchased Chic-Fil-A chicken strips and use 2 chicken strips. I top it with 1/4 cup of sugar free syrup.
- Macros: 415 cal/ 10g F/ 45g C/ 30g P
- Red, White and Blue Protein Waffles with Turkey Sausage- I follow the instructions on Birch Benders Protein pancake mix for waffles and toss and few blueberries into the mix. Serve with strawberries on top, sugar free syrup and Johnsonville Turkey Sausage, 3 links.
- Macros: 341 cal/ 9g F/ 42g C/ 28 g P
- Red, White and Blue Yogurt- 1/4 c blueberries
- 1/4 c strawberries
- 1/2 c fat free greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Macros: 192 cal/ 1 g F/ 40g C/ 13g P
- Pasta Salad: 11 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 1 Bell Pepper, Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbs, Onion Green Whole
- 1 tbsp, Basil, fresh
- 1 g, Pepper
- 1 Tablespoons, Salt
- 1 bunch, Broccoli, steamed
- 0.25 container (60 tomatoes ea.), One Single Cherry Tomato
- 1 container (32 tbsp ea.), Free Zesty Italian (Fat Free Dressing)
- 1 container (5 3/10 cup dries ea.), Whole Grain Pasta Rotini
- Boil pasta per box instructions and let noodles cool. Then mix all the above in a large bowl and chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Macros: 180cal/ 1g F/ 35g C/ 6g P
- Caprese Bites: 2 servings (4 each)
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 low fat mozzarella stick
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1tbsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar mix (I use a dipping oil mix with spices)
- Macros: 86 cal/ 11g F/6g C/ 4g P
- Fresh Fruit- Watermelon is always a good choice and I added sprigs of mint leaves for presentation . 1 cup of watermelon
- Macros: 86 cal/ 0g F/ 22g C/ 2g P
Planning a BBQ ?! I have the best burger recipe for you! There is a key special ingredient, Home Grind that perhaps myself or Kevin can introduce you! Home Grind is an amazing blend of peppers to add a little heat to your burger.
- Venison Burger: 7 servings- 1 burger per serving: Video for prep below
- 1 lb(s), Venison (sub lean ground beef/turkey burger-macros are for venison)
- 1 large, Egg
- 0.50 cup, Oats
- 6 g, Pepper
- 1 tbsp(s), Garlic, raw
- 1.50 tsp, Original Flavor Salt Free Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp(s), Spices, garlic powder
- 2 Tsp, Seasoning Chupacabra
- 1 pinch of Home Grind
- Macros: 114 cal/ 5g F/ 5g C/ 13g P
Utilize the brunch menu and serve with the pasta salad, caprese bites and watermelon. Sun tea is always a good choice to add!
For dessert I recommend Red, White and Blue angle food cake.
- Red, White and Blue Angel Food Cake: 1 serving
- 1 Slice, Angel Food Cake
- 0.25 cup, halves, Strawberries, raw
- 0.25 cup, Blueberries
- 2 TBSP , Fat-free Whipped Cream –
- Macros: 181 cal/ 0g F/ 41g C/ 3g P
I hope you enjoy celebrating the holiday with these lighter menu items! Have a safe and Happy 4th of July!
2 thoughts on “Let’s Celebrate the 4th!”
I can speak to some of these. Your brunch is always fire! Always looking forward to the next one.