A new year, new decade and new goals, but first let’s reflect on 2019 goals.
Health: I failed in this category on the frequency, but did journal on occasion.
- I plan on journaling at least weekly. I will be focusing on my thoughts and feelings to continuously grow.
Mental: I feel I succeeded in this category and was validated with being recognized as 2019 underwriter of the year by one of my agencies.
- Learn a new territory and new system at work
Spirit: This was a half win as I did read my daily devotional, but I didn’t travel to a new state this year.
- Read a page a day of 365 Moments of Peace for a Woman’s Heart
- Travel to 1 new state and possibly another country
My goal for 2020 is still broken down by categories, but I am adding a new spin to goal setting. I am going to add 3 things I want to do more of in 2020 and 3 things to do less as well as creating a theme for the year.
My 2020 Theme: Come Back: recover from a deficit.
The last 2 years I have felt that I have been going backwards. I thought my life was on the right path to achieving my goals. I had the perfect wedding, house, job, financial security and was preparing to start a family and in a blink of an eye it all starts slipping away.
I want 2020 to be my come back year and my goals for the year are:
- Increase my water intake to 8 glasses a day. I am really lacking on my hydration skills lately.
- Reduce my junk food intake. I have gotten in a bad habit of chocolates, chips and fast food.
- Increase my business skills with monthly business development courses, books or coaching calls.
- Reduce sacrificing my own physical, mental, and emotional health to please others.
- Increase my God time with at least 30 mins a day for daily devotions, readings and prayers.
- Reduce negative self talk. Apply what Kristin Sharpe mentioned at Linda Toupin’s finale. When a negative thought arises say out loud, Stop! Be Gone.
Happy New Year!