Please note this may include affiliate links. Please visit my disclosure page for more information.
Father’s Day is just a week away and now is the time to make a plan or get a gift if you haven’t done so already! I have a few fun ideas on how to show dad some appreciation and several links to Amazon Prime items!
As I get older I know I personally appreciate shared experiences the most. I think most parents feel this way as well and would enjoy creating more memories with their children.
First step on giving a shared experience is determining which hobby your dad enjoys the most. My dad’s favorite hobby is fishing and that is the theme I am going with for him this year. I purchased my fishing license so all that is left to do is pick up some bait and beer then head to a lake for a fun fishing experience!
In addition to sharing a day at the lake with my dad I wanted to get him a gift he will have in addition to the memories. If you know my dad 95% of the time he is wearing a hat. I bought a custom designed hat that was painted by the hands of a local artist. The hat, as you can see below could not be more fitting for a fishing weekend!
PS if you want to do a similar experience and provide a hat with a fish/bait painted, here is another hat that is still available. Feel free to reach out to me or the link to the local artist is his Instagram page and you can message for pricing.
- Hobby: Grilling
- Experience: Family/Friend Gathering that you coordinate and provide some of the food that needs to be prepared. For menu and cookout planning ideas see my post Labor Day Fun.
- Gift Idea:Grilling Tool Set, Funny Grilling Apron, Marinades and Rubs, I love supporting local shops and Movable Feast has great options.
- Hobby: Golf
- Experience: If you also enjoy hitting the links choose a course and treat your dad to a day of golf. The courses that I typically play around Indianapolis are Ironwood Golf Club and Brookshire Golf Club. If you are not a golfer I promise you that you can still have fun attempting to golf at Top Golf.
- Gift Idea: Golf Tees, Golf Balls,Golf Glove, or Golf Tool Set.
- Hobby: Beverage Connoisseur, enjoys a good microbrew or wine
- Experience: Brewery or Winery tours. You can coordinate with a large or small group, just be sure to have a designated driver! For a wine tour in Michigan see my blog post Wine About It.
- Gift Idea: Beer Growler, Personalized Pint Glass, Stemless Wine Glass, or Wine Carrier.
- Hobby: Art
- Experience: Visit and art museum, take an art class, or do a wine & canvas or paint your pet event.
- Gift Idea: Canvas, paint, colored pencils, or whatever art supplies they typically use.
I hope you enjoy a fun experience with your dad!